Thirteen things that kinda suck about this move.
1. The "where are you from" question, followed closely by "I knew it was somewhere in the south" comment.
2. Getting lost going to your own house.
3. New TV channels. I think that shit should be universal!
4. Hoping to holy hell there's not a dirty pair of underwear behind a door at the old house.
5. Sore legs because the old house didn't have stairs and the new one has about a thousand.
6. Gale force winds sending my ball cap flying off my greasy head and blowing it across the parking lot so I have to chase it, screaming and cussing like a mad woman.
7. Opening the bag of putrid dirty laundry I didn't get done before we left - 4 days earlier!
8. Arranging, rearranging, and rearranging furniture. Okay, I just dictate where it goes so technically it sucks for my husband.
9. Painting. Even though we haven't even started that, it will suck so it goes on the list.
10. Cleaning other people's cooking grease off the tile backsplash. Fucking eeewww!
11. Having to actually go to the store to get that milk I forgot instead of just running across the street to get it from Lenka.
12. The ginormous list of shit I want to buy for/do with this house. I mean, I actually like making the list, it's the "we can't do everything at once"
killjoy Mr. Practical I'm married to that's the bummer part.
13. Not having a fenced yard to throw the kids and dog out into. Entertaining those brats is exhausting!
And yes, of course leaving all my friends and family behind blows but this isn't a pansy ass sentimental type of a post.